You know those cold, rainy days? This is a recipe for one of those days!
Served warm with a hot cup of tea while cuddled up under a blanket by the fire. On that note, what series is everyone watching?
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 /2 cup organic brown sugar
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp good quality salt
- ½ cup chopped Turkish apricots
- 85g brie cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ + 3 tbsp whipping cream
- 113g unsalted butter, cold
- 1 large free-range egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract / essence
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and combine.
- Using your fingertips rub in the butter until it looks like loose crumbs.
- Add in brie, apricots and thyme and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, vanilla extract and ½ cup + 2 tbsp cream and add to the dry mixture, combine well.
- Using your hands, gently incorporate the mixture until it becomes a dough.
- Lightly flour your workspace and knead gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until around 2 cm thick and cut with a round pastry cutter, reusing the leftover dough as you go #poet
- Place onto a lined baking tray and brush scones with leftover whipping cream.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown and boil the kettle for a cup of tea!
Tip ~ if the dough seems too dry to work with add extra cream