These homemade citrus slices are a great addition to your festive decor as well as eco-friendly gift wrapping. Paired with brown paper, twine and greenery they sure make for beautiful presents – not to mention so cost-effective!
Here are some other clever ways to use them:
- Thread with string to hang around the house / tree
- Use on cakes and other desserts
- Infuse cocktails/mocktails (cinnamon sticks go well together too)
- Table decor and place settings
- Use as Christmas tree decorations
- Add to a jar of hot water with holiday essential oils and diffuse in the home on Christmas morning
Makes 12 – 24
- 6 oranges, washed and sliced
- 6 lemons, washed and sliced
- 6 grapefruit, washed and sliced
- 4 sheets of paper towel
Don’t have citrus fruits? Use apples instead!
- Preheat the oven to 80°C (174°F)
- Cut the oranges, lemons and grapefruit into 1-2 cm slices.
- Gently pat down with a paper towel to remove excess juice.
- Place citrus slices onto the oven racks.
- Dehydrate for +/- 3 hours, turning halfway.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Tip ~ for a dark rich colour dehydrate for 4-5 hours or until brown.